Yesterday I had a conversation with my consultant. There are not any blood results to make any useful decisions at this point but we do have a the results from a scan. I won't go into the details but the result of having a break and or the lack continuing treatment whichever way you want to look at it, has meant that my tumours have increased in number and hugely in size. I can't really say what this means yet but it is not good. It explains the pain and swelling in my abdomen especially after eating. It explains my unbalanced hormones and my puffy face. Hopefully next week the doctors tests will have some more specific answers about what those chemicals are and which drugs may help control the symptoms.
This weekend I have been allowed home until Sunday night and will be carrying on as normal not least because my husband is running in the Great Eastern Run.
After that there is some waiting and some big decisions. I will do my best to keep this updated.